Unable to connect to Facebook account

Derek Coffer 11 years ago updated by Enna 10 years ago 2
New user, trying to connect to my Facebook account via Settings>Social Networks screen. Returns following alert: Operation could not be completed. (com.facebook.sdk error 2)

Sorry to hear about the facebook issues - give these steps a try and let us know if they resolve the issues you're seeing:

-Go to your device's Settings, then Facebook, and make sure Flixel has access to your account. 
-Also in your device's Settings, go to Privacy, then Facebook, and make sure that the authorization for Flixel is set to ON. 
-Next, go to Facebook App Center (https://www.facebook.com/appcenter/my), click "Settings" under Flixel and make sure that the app is allowed to post on your behalf.

If Flixel is there but doesn't have the ability to Post on your behalf, click the 'Remove app' link at the bottom, then disconnect Facebook access within Flixel and reconnect.

Facebook also recently updated their SDK, so once Flixel 1.0.3 is approved on the app store, it'll have the new SDK updates included. If all of the above fails, try again with version 1.0.3

Let us know if that solves the issue, and sorry for the inconvenience.

I also cannot post photos directly from Flixel to Facebook. I allowed access to Flixel but it does not help. I can only copy and paste a photo, but then my user name shows on FB, and I don't want my FB friends to know it. What to do?